The APMG online system is called PROCTOR U and involves the presence of a human supervisor who checks online that the exam has been carried out correctly.
Before buying, you should check that you meet the preliminary access requirements and carry out a compatibility test with your own computer. The HW and SW requirements are as follows:
- A computer with a Windows XP ( or more recent) operating system with at least 1024 of RAM or a Mac OS X 10 ( or more recent);
- A webcam with a minimum of 640×480 video pixel resolution (webcams built in the laptop or in the monitor are permitted);
- Speakers connected to the computer. The use of headphones is allowed only during the preliminary stage of exam;
- A microphone connected to the computer (the webcam microphone, the computer microphone and the headphone microphone are allowed);
- A browser with Adobe Flash Player installed (Google Chrome is recommended);
- An ADSL connection ( minimum download and upload speed 768Kbps/384Kbps);
- The possibility to consent to screen sharing.
You can test your computer and webcam at the following address https://www.proctoru.com/portal/apmg-international/techspecs.
The exam is carried out in different phases, as shown below.
Phase 1- Exam purchase
The exam can be purchased on this site.
After registration, the voucher code must be requested via mail at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific:
- Day and hour chosen for the exam;
- Certificate format: paper certificate or e-certificate.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a voucher code via email, which will be needed to be able to take the exam.
You must book the exam at least 72 hours (3 working days) before your preferred examination date.
Phase 2- Registration on the APMG site and to the exam
The first step is to register for the exam on the APMG website (link sent via mail with the voucher code). In this phase, you will also be asked to provide your personal data and schedule the date and time of the exam.
When finished, click on the “Proceed” button and you will be redirected to the website of ProctorU to schedule your examination.
Phase 3 – Registration on the ProctorU site and scheduling the exam
In order to confirm or change date and hour chosen for the examination, you need to register to ProctorU site. In this phase, you will be asked again to provide your personal data and schedule the date and the time of the exam.
Once you select the date and time, simply confirm it by clicking on the “Schedule Exam”. The system will show at this point a clock “countdown” until the examination is set to happen
Phase 4 – Take the exam
To take the exam you must connect again to www.proctoru.com/apmg-international . You should do this 15 minutes before the examination start time. Once you press the button “connect to Proctor”, the exam session will start and you will be connected to a video conference with a supervisor who will explain the exam format to you.
To be able to take the exam, it’s necessary to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of examination institute, available in english. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.
In order to ensure that you get past the supervisor’s preliminary checks please remember that:
- You must have with you a valid ID document with photo;
- You must remember your booking reference;
- If the webcam is built into your PC then you must have a reflective surface (mirror, CD, mobile phone or tablet) so that the examiner can see the PC screen and keyboard.
During the examination:
- It is required to ensure good lighting of the face and the environment, turn off all phones and do not receive any visitors during the examination;
- It is necessary that there are not background noise in the environment.
The system will install an applet on your computer which will allow the supervisor to see your screen and any programmes that are in use during the exam session. If there are any problems or you lose the connection you must contact ProctorU on +1 855-772-8678 immediately.
Rescheduling of the online exam session
You can change date and time of the exam for free up to 24 hours before the date chosen. If you want to change date and time from 24 hours before the exam, APMG will charge you directly with £20. The same fee will be applied for candidates who do not sit for the exam and want to reschedule the session after the deadline.