COBIT 5 Assessor course you will master the understanding of how to perform a formal Process Capability Assessment and how it can be used to enable business goals, prioritize improvement activities and identify opportunities for improving the governance and management of IT assets.
The course provides the basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Reference Model (PRM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance. The course is supported by practical exercises and engaging case-based scenarios.
A successful practitioner candidate will be able to become an assessor or a lead assessor and apply for full ISACA certification if they can supply further proof of the competences required by ISACA.
Target Audience :
- Internal & external Auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits.
- IT auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits.
- Consultants who want to be allowed to perform independent process assessments on behalf of their clients.
Learning Objectives :
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide / COBIT 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyse the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyse the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guid
Course Outline :
- Overview and Recap of COBIT Foundation
- Generic Concepts of COBIT 5
- Overview of the COBIT 5 Assessment Model
- Assessors Guide
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities for various roles
- Competency Requirements
- Creating Teams
- Initiation of the Assessment
- Assessment Classes
- Assessment Initiation
- Initiation Phase in Detail
- Scoping of the Assessment
- The Scoping Processes
- Application of the Scoping Processes
- Planning the Assessment and Briefing the Teams
- Properly applying the Planning and Briefing Phase
- Data Collection
- Working with COBIT’s Data Collection Phase
- Analyzing Accurateness and Completeness of Evidence
- Data Validation
- Applying Key Concepts
- Validating the Data
- Process Attribute Rating
- SWOT Analysis
- Assessment Reporting
- Simulation of an Assessment
Our Popular Courses