Information Security Foundation Based On ISO/IEC 27002
The Information Security Foundation (ISF) ISO/IEC 27002 course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to information security management. The course covers a wide range of topics, from fundamental security concepts and terminology to effective information security controls.
During the course, you will familiarize yourself with ISO 27002, the most widely used information security standard that provides requirements for implementing and continually improving an information security management system (ISMS). You will understand what focus areas information security needs to address to ensure appropriate protection against information security threats. With the help of ISO 27001 and its supporting code of practice, ISO 27002, you will gain insight into commonly accepted information security controls. At the end of the course, you will communicate with confidence about information security topics. You will have a good understanding of information security risks, and you will be able to link them with best-practice physical, organizational and technical information security measures.
Information Security is gaining importance in the Information Technology (IT). Globalization of the economy leads to a growing exchange of information between organizations (their employees, customers and suppliers). It also leads to a growing use of networks, such as the internal company network, connection with the networks of other companies and the Internet. Furthermore, activities of many companies now rely on IT, and information has become a valuable asset. Protection of information is crucial for the continuity and proper functioning of the organization: information must be reliable. In the Information Security Foundation module, based on ISO/IEC 27002 (ISFS), the basic concepts of information security and their coherence are tested.
EXIN Information Security Foundation is part of the Certified Integrator Program and is one of the prerequisites to attain the title: EXIN Certified Integrator Secure Cloud Services.You will receive the certificate EXIN Certified Integrator Secure Cloud Services when you possess the certificates: EXIN Information Security Foundation, EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation and EXIN IT Service Management Foundation.
The target group of ISFS is everyone in the organization. The basic knowledge that is tested in this Modulecontributes to the understanding that information is vulnerable and that measures are necessary to protect this information. The Moduleis also suitable for small independent businesses for whom some basic knowledge of information security is necessary. This Modulecan be a good start for new information security professionals.
Learning Objectives :
- The concept, importance and the reliability of information.
- The types of Risks, threats and damages, and the available Risk strategies and the security measures you can take.
- The security policy and organization, inclusive code of conduct, ownership, and roles and responsibilities. Moreover you learn how to manage security incidents.
- The various security measures.
- Physical measures such as identity passes and finger scans.
- Technical measures such as cryptography, and you will learn how to deal with attacks such as phishing, spam and malware.
- Organizational measures you can take such as access Management and Business Continuity Management.
- The most important legislation and regulations.
Course Outline :
- Information and Security
- Threats and Risks
- Domains and Control Objectives
- Sample Exam & Review
- Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002 Certification Exam
Our Popular Courses